Types of Underpinning
What Are The Types of Underpinning?
Concrete Slab Underpinning
Screw Pile Underpinning
The screwpile underpinning method, commonly referred to as helical piers or helical anchors, uses steel tubes with a screw head to support the foundation of a house by screwing into firm ground. The screwpile is driven into the ground until it reaches a stronger subground. The piles are encased in concrete, and then support the house restumping jacks to lift and support the foundation by transferring the load to the pile sunk into the ground. Here are some of the benefits of using screwpile method when underpinning Melbourne homes:
- Effective at reaching firm soils
- It has a quick installation time allowing for loads to be applied immediately
- Minimises ground vibrations
- Minimal disturbances with limited waste
Geo-polymer Resin Injection
What to consider when looking for an Underpinning Contractor
When you’re planning on starting an underpinning project, always do research to hire the right underpinning specialists for the project. Here are some of the tips to help you hire the best underpinning contractors Melbourne in your area:
- Interview Multiple Contractors – don’t take the advice of one contractor. Always enquire from various underpinning specialists to get a picture of the scope of the project, and most importantly, you can ask questions.
- Check for Reviews and Past Experience – always check for the reputation of the underpinning contractors Melbourne residents have hired. Always choose those reputable underpinning specialists for your project. Remember that a good reputation is the key.
- Check for Communication Skills – when selecting the contractor, strike a balance between technical and communication skills. In the end, you need a contractor you can easily talk to during the course of the project.
Does your foundation need repairs? Contact us today for all your Melbourne underpinning projects. Our underpinning specialists have years of house levelling Melbourne in places like Mount Eliza, Williamstown, Brunswick, to name a few. We contribute towards Melbourne restorations.